Saturday, July 18, 2009

blog new-vo, or, what is the meaning of this?

I haven't had a blog since my old Livejournal and Myspace pages. Maybe I'll attach the livejournal page, just for kicks. maybe ill go back to writing without capital letters or punctuation, a la e e cummings. more on that another day.

I've had this domain name for a little while without posting anything. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted this to be.
possibilities:
1. serious blog dealing with feminism, philosophy, politics, etc.
2. social blog dealing with happenings and thoughts
3. all of the above

My old blogs were very personal, but only my friends had access to them. Now if I want my friends to read this, I need to post a link on Facebook, where my acquaintances and colleagues may also see it. I considered writing a feminist blog or an education blog or a general philosophy blog, but I don't really want to box myself in so rigidly.

I think this will be a mixed bag. For now, I'll start by contemplating books I'm currently reading. This way, I can touch on various topics of interest to me in a structured way without being too Zach Braff. I hope.

On deck: Open to Desire, The Game, and the Batman Vampire trilogy (Red Rain, Bloodstorm, Crimson Mist)

No comments:

Post a Comment